Pages

chocolate muffin

I must say that working here in Ireland has given me so much wonderful experience...So memorable which is such a waste not to be shared to others...I didn't know that my job was more than making a sandwich or hot beverages, it offered me a different sight towards life and its wonders...

God will always know what is best for you and I believe that I got this job here as part of what God knows best about me...I know that my entries are so much related to the older gens, well I can't help it since they are the one's who loves talking and sharing so many things with me...I am a strong believer that stories from the older gen's are so pure and full of advice sometimes direct and sometimes in direct...Its how you look at it...

Actually, I owe this entry for a long time as this occurred during Christmas...I promise I will write this short as I would not want to bore anyone with my lengthy style of writing...As usual, my work will always start in the kitchen and of course, it is my responsibility to get all the plates on the table back to the kitchen...While doing so, a lady called me to the table and asked me to get her a pot of tea...Well, orang tua kat sini memang suka minum teh...Of course, I went and get her the pot of tea as she said she was to tired to queue up...I told her the amount, and you know I had to wait for such a long time to wait for it...You know why? She kept the coins in a handkerchief. She doesn't have much and you could see a vision of her background when you look at her but her smile was something...

That is not the main thing that I want to share, what she said to me was golden when I asked her have she prepared herself for Christmas...'Well, my love Christmas is nothing to me, I am by myself, perhaps for youngster like you would enjoy it cause who knows tomorrow I'll be gone." I politely say that she should not say that and I went off...As I left the table, I had a feeling of sadness, it was so strong that I wanted to cry... I don't know why I felt that way, I kept looking outside and looked at her sipping her tea while rubbing her chest...

What she said keeps playing in my mind as if she is going tomorrow...I slide my hands in my pocket and looked at the tips I received from some wonderful old ladies and gents... I had 5 euros in total and without hesitation, I went straight to the server and packed a muffin for her...I told myself that I can always get this tip anytime but maybe this muffin would make her day...

'Here's a muffin on me, please take it,' I said...She looked worried and asked if she had to pay for it...I chuckled and say 'No, it's on me.' You should see how happy she was as she immediately took the muffin and put it in her stroller...' Thank you my child, God will always bless you and I know he will.' Honestly, it was not about the blessing it was what I felt that was right to do...Who knows that the muffin might be the last she ever had...I walked away and as I turned around, she wasn't there anymore...I felt a bit weird there but of course I am happy to make someone's day just by chocolate muffin...


Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
-Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-


btemplates

1 comments:

ARZ said...

Ila,
I've always been proud of your charitable self. You have told similar stories before.
Keep up with the charitable deeds. Allah knows what's best for you. Your present working experience is something money cannot buy.