Pages

the lady in a green jacket

Well this is of course not a title of song like 'Lady In Red', this entry is about an old lady who comes frequently to my workplace...Dear Lady In Green, I don't know your name but you sure made me feel that you have so many stories with the jacket you wear everyday. I always believe that people tend to hold to things that they love the most, it may be the weirdest thing like a sweet wrapper or anything that you can relate to yourself when you look at it...

I often meet this particular lady, from the lines on her face I am sure she is about 70ish...Well that does not matter actually, what interest me is the jacket she wears all the time. A green washed jacket which looked like years back...The first time I notice this lady was during my 1st day at work which was before Christmas, despite the worn out jacket she always had a smile on her face. A very friendly lady indeed whom would always ask for a latte in a small cup. She would always ask me for a newspaper to read and would come around 6.00pm when I am about to close the shop. I notice one thing, she still wears the same jacket since Christmas...Is it her favourite? Honestly, I don't think so...I remembered the other day while I was wiping the tables preparing to close the cafe, she called me to the table and said "My dear, come here I want to show you something." Without hesitation I went up to her and she showed me a doll and told me that she wants to give it to her grandchild...

The doll wasn't anything nice, but she liked it so much and insisted me to like it...Of course, I said it is to make her feel happy. The way she talks about the gift was as if it was the most beautiful and most expensive gift she ever given to her grandchild. While I was talking to her, I can't help looking at the jacket she's wearing it says so much about her just by looking at it...Where is your children? Did they not think of buying you a new jacket during Christmas? So today, I asked my sister if she has and extra jacket that she wants to give away and of course I have a very nice sister who would definitely donate a jacket to this lady....I hope she will like it when I give it to her next week...

P/S:

Lady, I don't have the money to buy you a jacket but I do hope that my sister's jacket will keep you warm...I don't care if you don't remember me but I will remember you always...

"If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble."
-Bob Hope-

btemplates

2 comments:

ARZ said...

I'm sure Mimi can afford to give more than 1 jacket. But the lady may not part with her green jacket.
Ila, give the jacket anyway

oops did I just say that? said...

sob sob sob