Pages

Random Feelings

This entry is just my random feelings at the moment, what I am about to write is about my parents...I feel that everyone should write to their parents and let them know how grateful you are to have them...

The thing that triggered me to write this entry was inspired by a tune that my parents love which is 'Yesterday Once More' by The Carpenters. Thanks to the iPod for shuffling the playlist to that particular track during my stroll back home from college...I definitely want that 'yesterday once more' to happen at times to be a better person in life. So here is an open letter to my beloved mum and dad...Mum and dad this is a public blog and I want the world to know how much I love the both of you...

Dear Ibu & Abah (Mummy & Daddy),

Here I am in a place so foreign to me with my sister by side at all times. Syukur Allahmdulliah, Mimi is here with me...I must say that I am more than thankful to have such wonderful parents like the both of you. What both of you taught me is who I am now. When my lecturer praises me or even random people I meet on the street says something nice, I will always say this in my heart 'Allhamdullilah, ibu bapa aku didik aku cukup' and I am always proud of that.

I may not be smart and I may not be the best in everything but the both of you never fail to make me feel that I am smart and good at whatever I am doing at all times. Thank you for always accepting my flaws and my mistakes. Just like daddy always say 'its ok to make mistakes', but of course we need to identify the mistakes and make ourself better.

Mum & Dad, I am here standing on my two feet, you thought me how to talk and walk and of course to also 'walk the talk'...You never gave up on any of us...At the back of my mind, I always remember that you are always at our back...Mum you taught me to be brave and have confidence and Dad you taught me to always think positive...I remember all of the things that you taught us...

I was talking to Mimi the other day and I am surprised that she felt the same way as I do...Sometimes I feel that whatever I get in my life is not so much because of my prayers to god, it is your prayers that he answered to give us a good life...Of course we do pray and ask for what we want and need in life but I am always sure that you both are the one's who constantly pray for us to get what we wanted and need....

Sometimes I feel really tired working and studying at the same time...But I always hold this thing in my mind...You worked for us, came home and feed us and taught us about the world and gave us all the love we need...I bet that was more tiring than what I am going through...Mum and the labour pains from her 4 babies and Dad for being the best at work to make ends meet...We are now no longer babies, but I know deep down your hearts we are still those cute little babies...

I am not writing this because I feel lonely here, but I just felt that I should pen it down. Honestly, I'm not...It is just something that I think everyone should always write about their parents from time to time. There are definitely more to write but I will need a lifetime to share the wonders of you both. As for now I'll leave it here as thank you letter for the both you...

Thank you, Mom.
Thank you, Dad.
Three small words.
So much to add.
For all your love
and your support
a million words
would be too short.
The words, "I love you"
seem too few
to express the love
I have for you.

P/S:
So when was the last time you said thank you to your parents?Think about it...

'Children learn to smile from their parents'
-Shinichi Suzuki-

btemplates

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

La, when u are parents later in life i believe u wd do the same to your kids.We always want to give them the best no matter what.. our doa and blessing for your wellbeing always....

shaQadellic said...

thanks...yup i would do the same...as for now i am just thankful to have such good parents...

Anonymous said...

Ila miss home ker? Sedih acu baca....huhuhu

shaQadellic said...

no lah...i am perfectly fine...i love mum and dad and i love you and acik too...the both of you are like my mother as well...always...