Pages

silent conversation
Have you ever been a position where you had a silent conversation with someone? What I meant is a literally silent one...As I go along in this entry you will get what I am trying to share...
I was walking down the streets near Jervis and as usual I had my trusted iPod to sink my boredom while walking alone...As I was walking towards the traffic light, a guy tapped my shoulder and showed me a stop sign...I indicate that he was telling me to be careful and look out for the incoming vehicles...So the green man on the traffic let went red and I stopped and said thank you to him...He replied with a smile and a nod...So I was like, oh maybe he did not really want to talk...So I walked on...He tapped my shoulder again...I smiled and ask him if I could help him...He took out his phone and typed something...I felt a little bit weird...And this is how our conversation went (thru his phone)...
The Guy: Hi, I am actually dumb(as in he is unable to speak/bisu) and I just want to say hello to you...
Me: Oh, I am sorry...and how are you doing?
The Guy: I am good, I saw you walking and I just want to say that I like your hair...Are from China?
Me:Thanks, that is very kind...You have a nice smile on your face...I am not from China actually but Malaysia...Its part of Asia...
The Guy: Oh I am sorry, but thanks for the compliment..Did you come hear by a boat or a plane?
Me: (I wanted to chuckle but I felt it was not appropriate) By plane, we don't use the boat since I came in here legally to study...
The Guy: Thats nice to know...I am sorry for saying that...Its very nice of you to have a chat with me thru the sms function on my phone...Have a good day and look out for the cars when you are walking....
Me: Its my pleasure, hope to see you sometime...Take care now...
That was one long conversation typed on his phone...What a day isn't it...Actually this happened to me a week after I arrived Dublin...Honestly, I was afraid when he took out the phone but that was quite an experience having a silent conversation with someone...It is amazing how friendly some people can be...Being disable does not stop anyone,this guy thought me something on that day...Whoever you are, may God bless you...
'Kindness is a language the dumb speak and the deaf can hear and understand'
-Christian Nevell Bovee-

btemplates

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

La semua org pelik2 nak kawan ngn lala.Dont u think u r weird too lol....

shaQadellic said...

hehehe...no lah...maybe he just wanted to talk to someone...but it is funny how i had a five minute conversation using the person's phone...hehehe...

ARZ said...

U have always been a phone expert. By the way, do check your spelling and grammar!

Anonymous said...

Ila citer la pasal the interesting ppl you meet at your work place.