Pages

being brilliant is no great feat if you respect nothing...

"Ignorance is bliss"...I am sure anyone will know this saying...Sometimes there are things in life that you just need to learn to ignore...But today this saying does not matter to me because it matters not to ignore...

Today I had my 1st tutorial on 'Commercial Photography'...Sounds very interesting isn't it...The subject is interesting but there are things that disgust and upsets me when i enter this class...I'll tell you why...

Honestly I am quite surprise on how some people can be such a racist in one of the most friendly cities I've ever been to...People would greet you out of the blue here and I myself have met some nice people during my rides in the bus, the tram and in my workplace...This person I am talking about is the person whom we should learn from and gain knowledge...So I am sure you know what position this person is in the college...

I am not writing this to judge this person as I am no one to judge anyone...But today, this person really made me think about this line 'learn to respect others to be respected'...And I do hold on to that...This is what happens and you tell me if I am just being emotional at no reasons...Mum and dad, this entry might have some vulgar words in it because it will lose its story if I don't put it in...This is to describe how disappointed I am with a person who is suppose to teach and make something out of someone...

So today we were given a task and one of it was an assignment with a free brief...Basically, it means that we are allowed to showcase any types of photos where the themes are set totally by ourselves...So this person went on telling on the do's and don't s of the task....At that moment, I was just about to tell myself that this person has gotten better after one bad semester which is a few months back...Honestly, I am not the only one who thinks of this person this way...

While this person was yapping and yapping, this person said, "Ok, I know St.Patrick's Day is coming soon and who would be interested to make a project on this?'...The class did not answer him and he continued "Well, I don't want to see any of this St.Patrick's Day s**t or what ever f**k, I don't give a f**k about it oh and if you are thinking on doing something about O'Connell Street, don't f**king give me that cause who gives a f**king damn about Dublin"...I was like ok and whatever suits this grumpy old person and I was trying to keep myself to the 'ignorance is bliss' mode until this person nicely said this..."Well, you might be thinking that you won't do this but some of you people might.."and he had a slight cynical chuckle...(And guess what, he pointed right at the row of my classmates from China and smiling to his fellow countrymen)Ouch!!Of course it was not pointed at me because I was sitting at a different row but as an Asian and as a foreigner I felt it right down to my heart...

Where did this person put his senses? That was the most absurd thing to do...Maybe those topic did not matter to this person but it might matter to those people that this person was pointing at and yes this person had to smile to his fellow people while saying this...I really feel like telling this person straight to his face..."Excuse me, if you come down to my country please just leave your camera back to where you belong and don't bother taking pictures cause we don't give a damn about it as well"(Of course we care about our culture,this sentence is only for this gentleman)...How would this person feel if someone said that...This person needs to know that to some people the culture of others may be at interest and kenapa matsalleh sibuk nak tangkap gambar culture orang Asia, kau ingat orang kita hadap sangat dengan culture kau...

I am not angry actually, its more on being disappointed as this person should respect the feelings of others...You may be one of the best here in your country but have some respect to the people who are here to learn...Zaman Celtic Tiger kau tu pun orang Asia ni lah yang bangunkan kan harimau tu...And I am not bothered that this person enjoys teaching with vulgar words because orang kalau dah tua and dah memang macam tu memang lah susah untuk dia tukar cara percakapan dia but please respect others because you are a man of respect and a person we call our teacher...

Well this is just my ramblings for today...I don't mean anything bad about it but I hope this person will just change a little...I need an education not nonsense like this...


"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me...All I ask is that you respect me as a human being"
-Jackie Robinson-



btemplates

0 comments: