Pages

lost of appetite

Me losing my appetite?This is not me...I have been eating well these few days but today while I was about to put some rice on my plate...I just decided not to...If you are thinking I am on a diet...I am not...I don't like eating alone or it's just one of those days where I just don't have the mood to...

Talking about food I will always remember my siblings outings together...Mum and dad used to be very busy with work and even when my dad has a business trip overseas mum would tag along with him...Dad loves having mum around in any occasions...That's love right...Always enjoying the company of your loved ones...And that is exactly how I always feel when I am with my siblings...

Whenever mum and dad are not around they would usually leave some money to my eldest brother Rafeq to take us out for anything we wish to eat...And this is when we really become ourselves of course...Hehehe...Well its not that we were any different when our parents are around...You know when kids are by themselves...

So there was once we went to our favourite place which is Shakey's Pizza which is situated near SJMC...We liked it there since there is not many people and we are bored eating at the club even though we have the privilege by dad to sign on the bills...Well we are not spoiled kids but we were blessed to be able to enjoy so many things in life...Thanks to mum and dad who would constantly make ends meet for us....

Shakey's Pizza is no longer there anymore but looking at the corner lot of where it used to be would give me a vision of me and my siblings sitting at the table near the entrance...We like sitting there don't we...That was the place where we had our good laugh at the waiter or waitresses...I know its not a very nice thing to do but we were kids...

It was 8ish at night and we were all so eager to order our meal...Well we are always eager to eat ANYTHING...So there comes this waitress with a nice smile on her face not knowing on how mean this kids are...So she asked us what we wanted...And one of the orders was a jug of Pepsi...Kesian waitress to struggling to melayan our so called English yang berhabuk kot...Thanks to Vinita,Mrs Voon & Sri KL...Hahaha...She repeated our order while suffering to converse back to us..."So one PETSI,"she said...And of course I almost burst out laughing and my brother had to repeat what she said to her face...Kesian sangat...I think she must have felt so embarrassed...It wasn't that funny now but it was so funny back then...I wonder why but maybe we just like picking on people's small errors...Which is not a good thing I must say...

And there is one famous word from my eldest brother as well...GRONJONG...I am sure Mimi,Aqim and Afeq will remember this...We were eating at the best Chinese restaurant, Ti Chen at Saujana Golf & Country Club...Mum and dad would always let their babies choose whatever they wanted to eat...Raqim with his Mango Chicken,me and my Buttered Prawns,Rafeq and his Siakap in soy sauce and Mimi would eat anything we ordered...And how did that term came up? This is what happened...The waiter came with the food and before the food was even on the table, all our hands were already trying grab the food...Oh my...Where did our manners went...And Rafeq laughed and said "Korang ni GRONJONG LA..."Basically it meant 'Gelojoh' (being greedy)...And yes we still use this term among ourselves until now...Sorry mum and dad you must have been a little bit malu when we did that...

Its the closeness that we share that I will always treasure ...Simple thoughts like this will make you value life better...Maybe when me and Mimi are back in Malaysia, Rafeq & Raqim let's have a cup of PETSI and be all GRONJONG again...I miss you both...

"To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."

-Clara Ortega-



btemplates

3 comments:

ARZ said...

that's why U ballooned up in your childhood. You were GRONJONG.

Nice little stories like this to reminisce is always good for the soul. Keep writing

Anonymous said...

Wela,dah jauh baru teringat kat semua kan kan....hehe bubu

shaQadellic said...

Mummy: hehehehe...especially raqim...i actually miss him...i hope you like this entry....:P

Abah: Hehehe...yeap...absence makes the heart grows fonder i guess...we gronjong together gether la when I come back...