Pages

hold my hand

Studying, working and living here in Dublin has given me an array of colourful daily life...There are a lot of things that I see and experience which is definitely worth to share...Well this is my view as a foreigner here it maybe different with other people...Like I said in my previous entries, I meet nice wonderful poeple in the bus,train, while sitting down alone in the mall area and even while walking...

Last week during work I met and interesting lady, and old lady which looked like everyone's favourite grandmothers...As usual, I was serving some customers and then came this cute old lady with a smile on her face asking me for a pot of tea...I made the pot of tea of her choice and asked her if she needed anything else...Well, this time is different she needed more than just a sandwich or a pot of tea...She has asked me to hold her hand, and without hesitation I hold her hands...It was quite a grip and she said "Thank you my child, I have no grand children and I don't know where my children are now, it is nice of you to hold my hand." I replied, "Don't say thank you, I miss my grandmother very much so you made my day as well."And she said, " Thank you love, you are very kind, its freezing outside." I just gave her a smile and continued with my work and I overheard her conversation with her friend saying that she loved how friendly some people can be and most of them are in Obrien's Illac...What a great day isn't it despite of being tired washing the dishes and serving my customers their favourite sandwich...One thing I learn for a long time working in the service line is to be able to make the customer feel like its their second home...

This is one of the best experiences and of course I have more...I don't know why but I am closely related to the older generations...Maybe I connect better with them or maybe I am very used to having older people around me like arwah Tok and Mek...Thanks to them, I am such a lovable grandchild to the old folks in Dublin...

"Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever"
-Author Unknown-

btemplates

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow or other u tend to attract the attention of the old folks.I think its the infectious ever ready smile that got them hooked.Keep on giving that smile and the attention as a sedekah.God bless u my daughter ...

ARZ said...

Ila, you are always natural with people, more so with elderly. You have a natural smiling face and that's a great asset. Wonder where you inherit that from!!

You have always bring joy to our late Tok and Mek.

Anonymous said...

so touching the entry.good for u to be blessed with that gift.i cannot wor muka tak friendly.sob sob

qim

shaQadellic said...

ehhehehe...it happens to me all the time...maybe growing up with both grandma has given me the gift to always be close to the older gens...but its a great experience that i will remember since we don't have our grandma's around...note to self, must appreciate things before its gone...

Anonymous said...

La i m happy that you blend well in dublin. The ol'ladies must love coming to obriens so you are an asset to your boss. There is this story about a paki working in a coffeeshop in frankfurt. One day he meet an old lady in the shop and became friends. When the lady died she left him a row of shop buildings to him. Ini citer betul but it happens one in a miillion. You must be ikhlas and not expect anything in return.